Premier King announces changes to Cabinet
Premier Dennis King today announced changes to Cabinet that will put a further emphasis on efforts to conserve the environment and adapt to climate change while delivering on a commitment to building a stronger, healthier province for Islanders.
Natalie Jameson, member of the Legislative Assembly for Charlottetown-Hillsborough Park, was appointed as Minister of Environment, Water and Climate Change during a ceremony at Government House this morning.
“I am confident that Minister Jameson will bring strong leadership to her new portfolio and be an effective voice for Islanders around the Cabinet table. As a government, we are working hard every day to create opportunities to move our province forward, while being responsible, innovative, and bold in our approach to addressing issues that are important to Islanders.”
- Premier King
In addition, Minister Jameson will also serve as Minister responsible for Status of Women and Minister responsible for Charlottetown, working closely with her Cabinet and caucus colleagues to fulfil government’s priorities of people, communities, wellness and the environment.
- Honourable Dennis King, Premier and President of the Executive Council, Minister responsible for Intergovernmental Affairs, Minister responsible for Indigenous Relations, Minister responsible for Acadian and Francophone Affairs
- Honourable Darlene Compton, Deputy Premier, Minister of Finance
- Honourable James Aylward, Minister of Health and Wellness
- Honourable Steven Myers, Minister of Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy
- Honourable Jamie Fox, Minister of Fisheries and Communities
- Honourable Matthew MacKay, Minister of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture, Minister responsible for Summerside
- Honourable Brad Trivers, Minister of Education and Lifelong Learning,
- Honourable Ernie Hudson, Minister of Social Development and Housing
- Honourable Bloyce Thompson, Minister of Agriculture and Land, Minister of Justice and Public Safety and Attorney General
- Honourable Natalie Jameson, Minister of Environment, Water and Climate Change, Minister responsible for Status of Women, Minister responsible for Charlottetown
Executive Director, Communications and Public Affairs
Office of the Premier