Western Hospital Collaborative Emergency Centre
Due to an unexpected physician absence, the Western Hospital Emergency Department will operate as a Collaborative Emergency Centre (CEC) on Tuesday January 8th from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Anyone with emergency medical needs should call 9-1-1 or seek emergency services at the Prince County Hospital when:
- experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
- experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
- experiencing abdominal pain;
- experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
- an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
- a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
- a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.
Senior Communications Officer