Western Hospital Collaborative Emergency Centre
Collaborative Emergency Centre (CEC) at Western Hospital in Alberton will be closed today (Friday), Saturday, and Sunday, August 2-4, inclusive due to a temporary lack of nursing coverage.
The Emergency Department will open as scheduled tomorrow morning (Saturday) at 8 a.m. and the Collaborative Emergency Centre will re-open Monday evening at 8 p.m.
Anyone with emergency medical needs should call 9-1-1 or seek emergency services at the Prince County Hospital when:
• experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
• experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
• experiencing abdominal pain;
• experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
• an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
• a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
• a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.