Western Hospital Emergency Department and Collaborative Emergency Centre
Emergency Department and Collaborative Emergency Centre at Western Hospital in Alberton will be closed Friday at 8 a.m. due to a temporary lack of physician coverage.
The Emergency Department will re-open as scheduled Saturday at 8 a.m. and the Collaborative Emergency Centre will re-open Saturday at 8 p.m.
Anyone with emergency medical needs should call 9-1-1 or seek emergency services at the Prince County Hospital when:
• experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
• experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
• experiencing abdominal pain;
• experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
• an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
• a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
• a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.