Acadian and Francophone Culture Fund
Your non-profit organization may be eligible for financial assistance to develop or promote a unique and innovative cultural experience that will attract Francophone residents/visitors and reinforce PEI’s vibrant Francophonie (e.g. service, festival or cultural experience).
Applications will be accepted between February 15th 2023 at noon to April 12th 2023 at 4pm.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for financial assistance your organization must have:
- a non-profit registration number;
- a recognized executive committee; and
- $2 million liability insurance coverage (as outlined in the agreement).
New project submissions from an applicant in default on any reporting, project completion or financial obligation to Innovation PEI will not be reviewed until a resolution to the default is reached.
What type of project or activity will this fund support?
Financial assistance is offered for the development and promotion of a cultural experience that reinforces PEI’s vibrant Francophonie. This fund will support up to 60 per cent of a project or activity that:
- has a strong Francophone component; and
- can be completed between April 1st and March 31st of the fiscal year in which funding is received; and
- the project contributes to reinforcing and promoting PEI’s Francophonie.
Financial assistance is offered in two components:
Component 1- Marketing/promotion: assistance towards the cost of developing promotional material or activities, e.g. posters, brochures, rack cards, ads, web pages, themed tours, half-day, full-day or multi-day itineraries, etc.
Component 2- Project development: assistance to offer (plan, organize and promote) a festival and cultural activity/experience.
Your application may be a combination of both components.
When will funds be dispersed?
- Once your project is approved, all required supporting documents are submitted and the funding agreement is signed, 80 per cent of funds will be issued.
- The final 20 per cent will be released upon receipt of final invoice and the approval of the final reporting documents, due before March 31st.
When reporting documents are required?
Please submit the following reporting documents before March 31st:
- written evaluation of your project;
- statement of revenue and expenditures (accompanied by receipts, if requested); and
- samples of marketing materials, i.e. press releases, copy of posters, flyers, etc.
Please note: Organizations or committees approved for funding must use the Innovation PEI logo on all promotional materials involving the event or festival.
What else should I know before I apply for financial assistance?
- Apply to only one Innovation PEI funded program for each project.
- A detailed project budget must be included in the application. Financial support from this program cannot exceed 60 per cent of the total project cost.
- The program management committee will consider the financial contributions of the applicant, other government agencies and community partners when reviewing applications.
- Final reports must be submitted within 45 days following the end of the project or by March 31st.
What do we need in order to apply for funding?
Because this fund supports the development and promotion of the Francophonie in PEI, your organization's application should demonstrate a high level of Francophone content and that your organization has a plan to attract Francophone residents/visitors.
You will need to provide:
- background information related to your non-profit organization;
- a clear description of your organization’s proposed activity with objectives for reinforcing/promoting PEI’s Francophonie;
- a detailed description of how your organization will promote the event/activity;
- a detailed project budget, using the provided spreadsheet; and
How do I apply for the Acadian and Francophone Culture Fund?
Click the “Apply Now” button below to apply online.
Who do I contact for information about this fund?