Apply for Educational Assistant (Substitute Only) Authorization
Your authorization to substitute for an educational assistant in Prince Edward Island is valid until June 30 of the current school year and must be renewed each year. If this is your first time applying for Education Assistant (Substitute Only) certification, you can click the button below to apply for authorization on-line .
You can renew your authorization on-line if you have previously been certified as an Education Assistant (substitute only).
What do I need to complete the online application?
- Proof of identity such as a copy of your Birth Certificate
- Proof of completion of high school such as a copy of your diploma or a copy of a transcript of your high school marks
- Transcripts must be mailed directly from the post-secondary institution to the Registrar
- A $25.00 evaluation fee must be paid on-line to complete the application
- Proof of eligibility to work in Canada such as a copy of your social insurance card, or of your SIN confirmation letter is also required. Please do not include this with your online application. Instead, e-mail it to the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will it take to process my application?
Your permit will be mailed to you within ten business days.