Apply to Enter PEI as a Seasonal Resident
As part of the Renew PEI, Together plan, Islanders are welcoming seasonal residents in a phased approach, which requires a continuous assessment of the current COVID-19 situation, such as the healthcare capacity and efforts to mitigate the risk for all Islanders.
All travellers including seasonal residents from provinces and territories outside of Atlantic Canada and who own a PEI property must apply for approval to enter Prince Edward Island during the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications for a letter of approval are carefully reviewed to manage the public health risk in the province.
For the application to be considered, all travellers entering PEI must comply with the Public Health Order on Travel Restrictions and Screening and respect the following conditions which allow only those travellers to enter the province who:
- Do NOT have symptoms or a diagnosis of COVID-19;
- Are NOT in close contact with someone with symptoms or a diagnosis of COVID-19;
- Are NOT subject to a federal, provincial or local public health order requiring them to remain in isolation;
- Agree to comply with the Public Health Order to begin 14 days of self-isolation immediately upon entering PEI;
- Agree to have up to two family members tested for COVID-19 at day 10-12 after arriving in the province; and
- Are pre-approved for entry in accordance with an entry schedule approved by the Chief Public Health Officer.
The online application form and supporting documentation requires information including the following:
- Travel details: to help simplify the process at your point of entry – including mode of travel, arrival and departure dates with estimated time of entry, point of entry, the number of travellers in your vehicle and identifying information for each individual traveling with you;
- Validation documentation: to support your reason for entry to PEI:
- For seasonal residents, proof of seasonal property ownership is required. To prove ownership, upload proof of insurance confirming owner's name and the address of residential dwelling – fixed roof structure such as cottage or mobile home;
- For essential travel or consideration for exceptional or compassionate circumstances, required support documents are outlined in Travel Approval Process.
- Health and travel declaration: to disclose if you have travelled in the past 14 days or if you have any of the listed symptoms;
- Self-isolation plan: to show you have a pre-arranged plan and agree to comply with it; See COVID-19 Self-Isolation.
- Self-isolation accommodation: to explain where you will isolate for 14 days:
- Private residence (seasonal): Requires signed declaration or third-party confirmation by letter or receipt that your property is open and isolation ready before you arrive. Download, print and sign the PEI Property Opening Plan Template;
Seasonal resident family connection: The seasonal resident who is requesting consent for family to travel to and reside at the seasonal residence is required to sign a Seasonal Resident Family Connection Declaration Form;
- With family or friends: Requires detailed information about the accommodation, its residents during your isolation period, and a signed declaration from your PEI host accepting responsibility that the entire household may need to self-isolate with you. Download, print and have the host sign the PEI Resident Support Self-Declaration Form;
- At a commercial (rental) accommodation (hotel): Requires reservation confirmation and a clear description of how you will isolate from others.
- Local support person during self-isolation: to provide the name and contact information of the individual(s) you have pre-arranged to support you while you are self-isolate.
- Other supporting information as required.
You will be contacted when a decision has been made on your application. Due to the high volume of requests and thorough review process, delays can be expected. Do not make travel plans until you receive a travel approval.
Tips for a successful online submission:
1. Any section of the online form marked with * is a required field and must be completed.
2. Applications with inaccurate information or incomplete documentation will not be processed.
3. Application requirements vary based on your selections.
4. It may take additional time to upload a file.
5. Resize files larger than 1 MB before uploading. (See resizing photos for online applications.)
6. Keep a record of your Submission ID (example: 34123).
Please note: All requests for approval must be submitted through the online application available below.