Apply for School Age Child Care Allowance
Both Montague Consolidated and Eliot River Elementary Schools are concluding their school year two weeks earlier with the last instructional day being on June 10, 2022 to allow time for school construction projects to be completed.
Parents or guardians with children at these schools may be eligible for Child Care Allowance for private child care during the renovation closure.
Families with school aged children will receive up to $125 per child, per week to help with child care costs for June 12-18 and June 19-25.
Note: If your child attends a licensed child care centre, you do not need to apply for the Child Care Allowance. Your licensed child care centre will automatically reduce your weekly fee.
Am I eligible to receive the Child Care Allowance?
You are eligible for the Child Care Allowance if you meet the following conditions between the period of June 12-25, 2022:
- you are a resident of Prince Edward Island;
- you are the parent or guardian of the child; and
- you have a school aged child between 5-12 years of age attending Montague Consolidated or Eliot River Elementary Schools.
How do I apply?
Eligible families can apply online by clicking the 'Apply Now' button at the bottom of this page.
Applications must be complete and include all required information including:
- Personal Health Number (Health Card Number) of:
- the individual applying;
- spouse/common law partner (if applicable); and
- children aged 5-12 who are receiving child care.
- Child’s school, grade, and teacher
- Child care provider
- Other funds or supports you are currently receiving for child care services such as, the Child Care Subsidy Program
- Banking information
- void cheque OR correspondence from your financial institution for direct deposit
- Completed and signed Payee Registration Form
- Note: All applicants are required to submit a Payee Registration Form, even if you have submitted one in the past. Please do not send questions to the email address on the form. All questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Child Care Expense Form: The deadline to submit Child Care Expense Forms is July 15th, 2022.
What child care expenses can I claim?
You can claim the following child care expenses:
- caregivers such as nannies and private sitters.
This excludes expenses for:
- child care provided by the child’s parent, your spouse or common-law partner.
What is the deadline for the application?
July 1st, 2022 is the deadline for applications.
July 15th, 2022 is the deadline for submitting the Child Care Expense Form.
For more information on the Child Care Allowance, contact Alicia Arsenault