Apply for the Playground Equipment Fund

The Playground Equipment Fund provides funding to support home and school and parent organizations fundraising for outdoor playground equipment and auxiliary gym equipment at schools within the Commission scolaire de langue française (CSLF) or Public Schools Branch (PSB).

Who is eligible to apply?

Any home and school or parent organization that is fundraising in support of outdoor playground equipment and auxiliary gym equipment for a CSLF or PSB school.

What types of projects are eligible?

Outdoor recreation equipment, playground equipment and auxiliary gym equipment for a CSLF or PSB school.

What funding assistance is available?

This program will contribute up to 50% of project cost to a maximum of $25,000.

What are my responsibilities to the Playground Equipment Fund?

  • Your organization is expected to plan and manage the entire project including:
    • Securing adequate funds to complete the project;
    • Acquiring all necessary permits and approvals associated with the project; 
    • Purchasing and properly installing the equipment according to the standards of the manufacturer; and
    • Keeping all receipts, CSA certifications, and approvals for payment and auditing purposes.
  • The project must meet these requirements:
    • Equipment must have a minimum one (1) year warranty and have the installation signed off by the manufacturer.  
    • Installation guidelines must be approved by the school’s education authority (CSLF or PSB).  
    • The equipment must be installed in compliance with Canadian Standards Association (CSA) guidelines.
  • Approved funds will be issued once all documents supporting the project costs are submitted to the Department. 

What is the application process?

  • Begin fundraising for the project.
  • Submit the complete online application including:
    • Project description.
    • Estimated cost and requested funding.
    • Expected start and end dates.  
  • If approved, notice will be received.
  • Install the equipment, ensuring the responsibilities are met.
  • Once the project is complete and receipts are submitted, funding will be provided to the organization.

Who can I contact if I need assistance? 

Department of Education and Early Years

ATTN: Carrie Adams



Education and Early Years

General Inquiries

Department of Education and Early Years
Holman Centre
Suite 101, 250 Water Street
Summerside, PE C1N 1B6

Phone: 902-438-4130
Fax: 902-438-4062