Apply for Jobs for Youth Program - Employer Application
This program offers wage support for employers to create employment for Island students. Your organization or business may be eligible for full or partial wage subsidy to offset the costs of hiring employees.
Is my organization eligible for funding?
Non-profit organizations, incorporated municipalities, private businesses and the public sector may apply for funding.
What positions are eligible for funding?
Any type of legal work activity can be assigned to the position except domestic work or activities which contribute to the enhancement of personal property not used solely for business purposes.
- Positions should conclude by the end of August of the current year and run between eight and twelve weeks.
- Positions created through this program must not reduce or otherwise affect the security of the work hours of an existing employee.
- Positions receiving wage support from other provincial or federal board or agencies are not eligible.
Who can I hire for a Jobs for Youth position?
Youth hired through the Jobs for Youth program must meet the following criteria:
- be an active student returning to school in the next school year,
- have completed grade 10;
- be 16 to 29 years of age; and
- be registered with the Employment Development Agency’s Job Registry.
When is the deadline for applications?
Employers must submit their applications on or before April 30th. Applications are now closed for 2017.
What do I need to apply to the Jobs for Youth Program?
You will need to provide detailed information about your organization including:
- Revenue Canada Account number
- Workers Compensation Board Account number
- Business Name Registry number
You will also need to provide a clear description of the employment opportunity including required skill, wage rate and employment start and end dates.
How long will it take to complete the application?
The online form will take between 30-45 minutes to complete, depending on how much information you enter. You should have all supporting documents ready to upload.
You must complete the application process in one sitting. You cannot save the form but you can request a copy of the information you submit.