Apply Online for a Public Library Card
If you are a resident of Prince Edward Island, you can get a PEI Public Library Card for free. With a library card, you can borrow any item in our collection, use our public access computers and access our digital collections from your home.
- When you apply for an adult or child’s public library card online, a temporary card will be mailed to your home.
- Contact any public library within 30 days of receiving your new card to confirm your membership.
- If you are under the age of 16, your parent or guardian must register on your behalf.
- Please note that it can take up to 10 days after you submit your online application before you receive your library card in the mail.
What do I need to complete the online library card application?
You will be asked to provide the following:
- Your full name and contact information
- Your agreement to the disclaimers and privacy statements
- The name and phone number of your parent or guardian, if you are under the age of 16
- Please indicate which public library will be your home library branch. This location will be your default location for hold pick-ups.