Apply for a PEI Teacher's Certification - Teachers Educated in Canadian Universities Outside PEI
This online application for PEI Teacher certification is for graduates of teaching programs at Canadian universities outside Prince Edward Island.
You must have valid Prince Edward Island teacher certification in order to teach in the province. Find more detailed information at Prince Edward Island Teacher’s Certificate Application.
What do I need to complete the online form?
In addition to providing current identity and contact information you will be asked for the following:
- Post-secondary history:
- Name of each university you attended and
- Official transcripts from each institution to support each credential attained;
- PEI school authority you are interested and available to teach, i.e. English Public Schools Branch or French Language School Board;
- Personal background and professional credibility, i.e. previous license suspended or revoked, previous criminal charges;
- Supporting documents uploaded:
- Full payment; and
- Consent for information to be issued as requested.
How long will it take to complete this form?
Providing you have all the required documents, you can complete this form in less than 30 minutes.
What is the fee for certification?
The cost to process a PEI teacher’s license is $125.
How long will it take to process my application?
The registrar will evaluate your application and issue your teaching certificate within two weeks.