Apply to Provide Locum Service in PEI
If you are a licensed physician interested in providing temporary or locum services for another licensed physician in PEI, you can use the online form below to:
- Apply for a posted locum position in PEI; or
- Register your interest and availability for a future locum possibility in PEI.
View current postings for locum positions in PEI at Locum Opportunities.
What do I need to complete the online form?
You will be asked to provide information as follows:
- Personal identity and contact information
- Position and location if applying for posted locum opportunity
- Area of practice or specialty and preferred location (facility, city or region) if registering for future locum possibilities
- Dates of availability for locum services
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) and supporting documents.
Will I have to pay fees as a locum physician in PEI?
The PEI Locum Tenens Support Program will cover the following fees for visiting locum physicians in PEI:
- Medical Society fees; and
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI licensure fees
In addition, approved expenses related to travel and accommodation will be reimbursed as outlined in the Locum Support Program Policy as follows:
- One return economy travel to and from PEI (Maximum of $2000) or if traveling by car, mileage as according to Treasury Board Guidelines (not to exceed the cost of one economy airfare)
- Locum Support Stipend of $150 a day for each day worked (October 1 to May 31) and $200 a day for each day worked (inclusive of on call days), (June 1 to September 30) with a maximum allowance of $7500 in a one year period.
You will be issued a service ID and submission number when you submit your application. Please use this number for any application inquiries.