Apply to Enter PEI for Family Connections
Family members with Canadian citizenship or who have permanent resident of Canada status may be reunited with Prince Edward Island residents. As a family member, you may apply online from the link below.
Family members, such as a parent or guardian, common-law partner or spouse, child, sibling, grandchild, grandparent, or any of the travellers' immediate family who comes to PEI must self-isolate for 14 days. The purpose of the Family Connections application is to reconnect Island residents and their families.
For example: John Smith is an Island resident. Under Family Connections, John’s sister and her spouse can reconnect with John. They will be required to self-isolate in a dedicated area of John’s home. If due to space restrictions, they cannot, John will also have to isolate with them for 14 days.
Travellers arriving to Prince Edward Island for family connections must self-isolate for 14 days.
The travelling family member must complete an application for pre-travel approval.
The online application form and required supporting documentation includes:
- Travel details to help simplify the process at your point of entry – including mode of travel, arrival and departure dates with estimated time of entry, point of entry, the number of travellers in your vehicle and identifying information for each individual travelling with you, if applicable;
- Health Assessment Declaration to pre-screen for symptoms or a diagnosis of COVID-19 at the time of application;
- Self-Isolation Plan to show that you have a pre-arranged plan to self-isolate and agree to comply with it;
- Family Declaration Form to show that a PEI resident needs and/or welcomes your visit as a family member. The PEI resident must download the Family Connections form, print and sign it for you to include as part of your online application.
You will be contacted when a decision has been made on your application. Due to the high volume of requests and a thorough review process, delays can be expected. Applicants can expect processing to take up to 7 or more days.
For anyone who does not have access to technology or requires assistance in navigating the application form, contact Hospice PEI for assistance at 1-844-954-7433 (toll-free). Note: Personnel at this number can only provide assistance with completing these specific applications and cannot speak to application status or any other questions related to the application or entry to PEI in general.
Tips for a successful online submission
- Any section of the online form marked with * is a required field and must be completed.
- Applications with inaccurate information or incomplete documentation will not be processed.
- Application requirements vary based on your selections.
- It may take additional time to upload a file.
- Resize files larger than 1 MB before uploading (see resizing photos for online applications).
- Keep a record of your Submission ID (example: 34123).
- In the Reason for Entry section of the online form, select Exceptional or Compassionate Grounds, then Family Connections.
- Note that the Family Connections Declaration form is referred to as Family Member Attestation in the online form.