Apply for a Tourism PEI Hosting Grant
If your non-profit organization is hosting a meeting, convention or sporting event with off-Island participants, the Tourism PEI Hosting Grant may provide up to $5,000 ($10 per delegate) towards the cost of an opening/closing reception or banquet. The event must be scheduled during the shoulder season, i.e. anytime other than July and August. Apply by March 1st using the online form below.
Applications will be processed first come, first served. Requests submitted after the deadline will be considered providing allocated funds are still available.
Does my event qualify for a hosting grant?
The following events are eligible for funding:
- National or international conference or workshop-based meeting;
- Regional (Atlantic or Maritime) event with minimum 200 out-of-province delegates;
- National or regional sporting event sanctioned by national sport governing body.
Any application meeting the following criteria will be considered while allocated funds are still available:
- Funding supports meal costs for registered participants and official guests only, e.g. opening or closing reception, brunch or banquet;
- Event is not held during July or August;
- Non-profit organization is hosting (private-sector organizations are not eligible);
- Funding is not provided from other government sources (exception may apply for significant events);
- The Province of PEI will be acknowledged at the function as its sponsor.
What do I need to complete the online form?
You will be asked to include the following information on the form:
- Activity or event name and location
- Host organization name, contact and brief description including executive members
- Number or participants expected, total and out-of-province (estimate)
- Other funding sources
- Agenda or schedule of events (to be uploaded)
- Financial information including:
- Amount of funds requested
- Budget with proposed revenue and expenses (including all funding resources and requests)
- Corporate sponsorship, community financial support and other funding sources, i.e. other government grants
What is the process for receiving funds?
You will be notified if your request if approved. Funds will be issued with presentation of receipt from banquet facility showing number of meals purchased. Facility may be contacted for verification before payment is issued.