Assurance Systems Program
PROGRAM INTAKE NOTICE
All of the Department's non-business risk management programs under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) agreement are open for application.
The Agriculture Stewardship Program will be accepting applications for the following Beneficial Management Practices (BMPs) on May 8, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.. If you have already applied to the program and need to reapply, you will be contacted directly by your project advisor.
- Nutrient Management Demonstration Trial
- Silage Storage
- Manure Storage
- Covered Feedlot
- Exercise Yard adjacent to Covered Feedlot
- Alternate Watering Systems/Power to Remote Sites
- Stream Crossings for Livestock or Farm Machinery
- Agricultural Water Quality
- On-farm Water Use Efficiency
- Sustainable Agricultural Water Supply
- Irrigation Efficiency
- Water Well Management
- Energy Efficiency
- Beneficial Crop at time of Commercial Crop
- IPM Trials – On-farm research assessing the efficacy of new IPM strategies
Please note that only projects that comply with current Public Health Directives related to COVID-19 will be eligible for funding.
Business Risk Management Programs:
The AgriInsurance, AgriStability, AgriInvest, and AgriRecovery Programs are still operating under normal deadlines unless you are notified of a change. AIC staff will be in contact if any deadlines change.
The Assurance Systems Program is designed to improve the anticipation, mitigation and response to risks by providing assistance to address risks related to humans, animals and plants through project-driven and other outcome-based approaches.
What are the Assurance Systems Program Sub-Programs?
- On-Farm Assurance Sub-Program
- Post-Farm Assurance Sub-Program
- Surveillance and Emergency Management Sub-Program
Where can I find more information?
Who do I contact about the Assurance Systems Program?
Assurance Systems Program Information Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857