Atlantic Immigration Program – Employer Designation Application
The Atlantic Immigration Program is an employer-driven, federal immigration program designed to help fill permanent labour shortages and skill gaps in your business by supporting skilled foreign workers and international graduates for permanent residency.
What is the process?
Designation is the first step for an employer interested in participating in the program. The designation process is designed to confirm that:
- The Atlantic Immigration Program is the immigration program best suited to address the employer’s needs;
- The employer wants to hire full-time, non-seasonal international candidates, at a minimum of 30 hours/week in PEI;
- The employer and their business has been in continuous, active operation under the same management for at least two years in the Atlantic Region and in good standing as per the program guidelines;
- The employer has agreed to and demonstrated their commitment to maintain a welcoming workplace;
- The employer has committed to supporting the candidate and any accompanying family members’ access to settlement services; and,
- The employer understands and agrees to the reporting requirements for the program.
Please complete this form if you are interested in being designated to participate in the PEI Atlantic Immigration Program. You are required to complete this designation once. Future use of the program will be supported by your initial designation, provided it remains valid.
*Please note that home-based businesses and businesses located in residential homes may not be eligible for designation.
Mandatory Onboarding and Intercultural Competency Training with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is required in order to be designated to participate in the program. You must complete this training prior to submitting your application for Designation. To register for the mandatory training, please follow this link.
Prior to becoming a Designated Employer in Prince Edward Island, you must also have a valid Certificate of Legal Advice completed. This certificate must be signed by a practicing lawyer in good standing with any provincial/territorial law society in Canada. Please note that this certificate has been updated to reflect the new Atlantic Immigration Program and any certificates previously provided to our office under the Pilot program are no longer considered valid.
How do I apply?
You can apply for Employer Designation by clicking the "Apply Now" button below and completing the online form.
Designation applications must be submitted by the employer and not the candidate directly.
Please refer to the Employer Designation Guidelines for further information on completing this form.
What information do I need to include with the online application?
You cannot save a partly finished webform. To complete the online application in one sitting with minimal disruption, gather all necessary information and documents in advance.
You will be asked to provide detailed information related to your business and labour needs including:
- Business and contact information
- Details regarding labour gaps in your business and reasons for hiring through AIP
- Name and contact details of any immigration representative, third-party recruiter, or recruitment/placement agency being used to hire employees, if applicable
- Name and contact details of the settlement services provider(s) involved in creating your Immigrant Settlement Agreement
- Proof of completion of Intercultural Competency Training (upload field provided)
Who can I contact with questions?
Forward questions related to the Atlantic Immigration Program to email@example.com or call (902) 620-3628.