Hearing services are offered to all Islanders. This includes hearing assessments for children and adults, hearing aids for clients up to age 21, auditory processing disorder testing, and healthy hearing education. If you have concerns about your hearing or your child’s hearing, you can request an audiology assessment.
How do I get a hearing test?
To arrange a hearing assessment for you or your child, you can:
- contact Audiology Services at 1-844-344-8255 (toll-free) or 902-368-5807; or
- complete the printable adult request for audiology services form or the printable child request for audiology services form and send it to the address at the end of the form; or
- complete the online form
Both self-referrals and referrals from health care professionals are accepted.
What do I need to complete the online form?
You will be asked to provide:
- the PEI Health card number for the person being referred
- the birth date for person being referred
- the primary contact’s phone number and email address
- the reason for requesting a hearing assessment
- any other health services involved
- any related information and concerns
How long will it take to process my request?
Audiology services will send you a letter to inform you that your request has been received. We presently have a wait time for some hearing services. You will be contacted when an appointment is available.
Can I arrange a hearing test with a private audiologist?
Some private audiology services are covered once every two years for Islanders over the age of four. You will need a referral from a family physician, nurse practitioner, public health nurse, or speech language pathologist, to arrange for a free assessment provided by the following private audiologists:
What other information is available?
Prepare your child for a visit to the audiologist. See the picture story about a young child's hearing test at the audiology clinic in Charlottetown.
How do I contact Audiology Services?
Sherwood Business Centre
161 St. Peters Road
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-5807
Fax: (902) 620-3195