COVID-19 Local Advertising Fund
The COVID-19 Local Advertising Fund provides support to Prince Edward Island businesses that provide goods or services to Prince Edward Island consumers, through a non-repayable contribution toward the cost of advertising to the Prince Edward Island market.
Who is eligible for funding?
Prince Edward Island businesses that have incurred direct costs to advertise their goods or services to PEI consumers through advertising spots, including:
- food and beverage establishments
- personal services (for example: hair salons, barbers, esthetics, pet care/groomers, etc.)
- entertainment establishments, including providers of performing arts and other events and activities taking place on PEI
This list may not be exhaustive; Innovation PEI will determine eligibility of an applicant business based on the objective and intention of the Fund.
Business-to-business providers and not-for-profits are not eligible, nor are professional service providers within regulated professions (for example: lawyers, accountants, engineers, etc.).
To qualify as a Prince Edward Island business, the business must be physically located on PEI. For a franchise to qualify, it cannot be corporate-owned (operated by the franchisor).
What activities are supported through this fund?
This Fund contributes to direct costs incurred from November 15, 2020, through December 31, 2020, for:
- advertising placement costs in local, traditional media outlets (print, radio, television) in PEI
- online (including social media ads) advertising placement costs for ads directed at the PEI market
What activities are NOT supported through this fund?
- Expenses incurred before November 15, 2020, or after December 31, 2020.
- Ad placement in non-local (outside PEI), traditional media outlets (off-Island radio, television, print outlets).
- Costs for the development or creation of advertising or marketing content or strategy.
- Any costs that do not meet the statement of what activities are supported through this Fund.
What level of assistance is available?
Maximum Fund contribution of $2,500 based on:
- 50% of ad placement costs in local, traditional media outlets, and
- 25% of online ad placement costs.
One application per eligible business will be accepted.
What criteria are used to evaluate funding applications?
Eligible costs will be reimbursed based on the applicant providing all required information and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the Fund, including that the application and the costs meet the eligibility requirements and that the applicant submits with the application a completed Project Claim Form spreadsheet.
Applicants must attest that the costs have been incurred and paid, and clearly identify the providers, dates and costs of the ad placements, on their submitted application.
Receipts are required to be submitted and the applicant must agree to retain all documents for the purpose of a follow-up audit by Innovation PEI.
The project must be completed before applying to this Fund; ads must be purchased from a third party (arms-length) supplier to be considered eligible costs.
How do I apply?
- Online applications are recommended; however, a printable PDF form is available by request at email@example.com. The form can be mailed or emailed back to Innovation PEI.
- Before beginning the application, download the Project Claim Form spreadsheet and complete.
- To complete the application you will need:
- the Company's business and banking information, including a copy of a VOID cheque,
- the completed Project Claim Form spreadsheet, and
- invoices and proof of payment (eg. bank statement, copy of cancelled cheque, credit card receipt) in electronic format.
The application has a limited file upload size; therefore, it is recommended to consolidate all receipts and proof of payment into a file and ZIP the file.
- Click here to learn how to create a ZIP file.
- The application must be completed in full to be considered an application.
When is the deadline for applications?
Online applications can be submitted until February 28, 2021, subject to budget availability.
What are the terms and conditions of the application?
Who can I contact for information?
94 Euston Street, PO Box 910
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7L9
Telephone: (902) 368-6300
Facsimile: (902) 368-6301