COVID-19 Operational Support Program for Community Museums and Cultural Venues
The COVID-19 Operational Support Program for Community Museums and Cultural Venues provides support for ongoing operational expenses and recognizing a reduction in revenue as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Is my organization eligible?
All groups that meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply or contact the Cultural Development Officer at Innovation PEI for more information:
- Community museums and cultural venues that are owned or operated by a registered non-profit community group;
- For profit cultural venues whose main business activity is to present music or theatrical productions;
- Experienced at least a 25% reduction in operating revenue in 2020 as a result of COVID-19;
- Have not received significant funding from other government sources (more than $5,000) designed to help mitigate COVID-19 impacts (i.e. NGO COVID-19 Relief Fund, Emergency Support Fund for Cultural, Heritage and Sport Organizations, etc.).
- Have not received support from the COVID-19 Operational Support Program for Community Halls.
Non-eligible facilities/groups/organizations include:
- Recreational facilities (skating rinks, snowmobile clubs, etc.);
- Provincially or municipally owned assets;
- Religious-affiliated community places.
What funding assistance is available?
Funding is available of up to a maximum of $2,500. Eligible expenses could include heat, electricity, snow removal, insurance, etc.
What happens after I apply?
After you submit your application, a Cultural Development officer from Innovation PEI will assess for completeness and eligibility.
If the application requires additional information, you may be contacted to collect or correct information.
If the application is successful, you will be notified in writing and will be asked to provide information to allow for direct deposit into your account.
What are the application deadlines?
Apply online by clicking the blue 'Apply Now' button below.
Application deadline is September 30, 2021.