Early Childhood Centre Capital Grant
The Early Childhood Centre Capital Grant is open to licensed early childhood centres, preschool centres and Family Home Centres who plan to create new and not previously funded early childhood spaces during 2018-19. This grant will help operators to expand / renovate their facility and or purchase equipment.
For capital funding, please download and submit a completed PDF form (in person, by mail, email or fax) or apply online (below) before October 15, 2018 @ 4:00 p.m. (AST).
Is my centre eligible for capital funding?
The following early years programs are eligible to apply:
- All licensed early childhood centres, pre-school centres, and family home centres which did not receive a capital grant during 2017-18.
- Licensed early childhood centres, pre-school centres, and family home centres creating new spaces during 2018-19 which had not previously been funded through the Canada-PEI Agreement.
What are the funding requirements?
Eligible expenses incurred between April 1, 2018 and January 31, 2019 include the following streams, centres can apply to one or both streams:
- Capital improvements: expansion, renovation or modification of indoor/outdoor environment (maximum $10,000); and/or
- Equipment: to support new spaces, such as cribs, change tables, etc. (maximum $6,000)
Projects will need to be completed by January 31, 2019.
What do I need to complete the online form?
You will be asked to enter or upload information as follows:
- Indicate if you are applying for funding to support capital improvement(s) and / or equipment purchase(s);
- Provide business name and contact information;
- EYC license number;
- Type of Centre;
- Current and proposed infant and preschool spaces including:
- # of licensed spaces
- Total spaces (current and proposed new spaces)
- Provide a brief project summary which clearly describes how the investment will increase space
- Upload required expense and support documents such as Budget information to support the proposed equipment purchases and or the proposed capital improvements
- Additional information which may support your application, including written estimates of proposed Capital improvement and or equipment costs from a qualified contractor or vendor for renovations and or equipment to be completed or purchased prior to March 31st, 2019, and or proof of payment for capital improvements and or equipment costs purchased since April 1, 2018.
- Floor plans for proposed expansion or renovation.