Early Childhood Centre Inclusion Grant: Capital Improvement
The Inclusion Support Capital Improvement Grant provides one-time only funding up to $50,000 to assist with capital improvements that reduce barriers and other challenges for children with special needs. Please submit the online application below and all supporting documents by 4:00 p.m. AST on Monday, January 21, 2019.
This application is also available in PDF format. Download Inclusion Support Capital Improvement Grant Application Form.
Is my centre eligible for funding?
All licensed early childhood centres including early years, preschool and family home centres are eligible for capital improvement funding.
What do I need to complete the online application?
- You will be asked to provide the following information:Centre or program name and detailed contact information
- Licence number
- Civic and mailing address
- Type of centre as well as licensing and enrollment information
- Provide a brief written summary in the text box provided to identify:
- Barriers and challenges to inclusion of children with special needs at your centre, i.e. physical layout or structure
- Proposed capital improvements to improve inclusion at your centre, i.e. expansion, renovation or modification of indoor or outdoor environment to improve accessibility
- Any additional information to support your application.
- Upload the following support documents:
- Floor plan showing the centre’s current space
- Floor plan or drawing depicting proposed changes
- Budget outlining each item to be funded with a description, cost estimate and supporting documents, i.e. written estimate from a qualified contractor or vendor or proof of payment for improvements started after April, 2018.
How long will it take to process my application?
You will be notified within two weeks if your application is approved and the amount you will receive. You will receive a portion of the approved grant up front and then the balance will be issued upon submission and approval of original receipts