Early Childhood Centre – Major Expansion Capital Grant
Up to $50,000 is available through the Early Childhood Centre Major Expansion Capital Grant to assist Early Childhood Centres, Early Years Centres, and Preschool Centres to make major expansions / renovations at their facility(ies) in order to add new spaces.
To apply, please download and submit a completed PDF form (in person, by mail, email or fax) or apply online (below) before February 25, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. (AST).
Is my centre eligible for capital funding?
All licensed early childhood centres, Early Years Centres and pre-school centres are eligible to apply, subject to the following:
- All work funded through the grant must be completed prior to December 31, 2019;
- The work must result in the creation of new licensed infant and pre-school spaces within currently licensed programs (As of December 31, 2018) on PEI.
What are the funding details?
Up to $50,000 is available to support the expansion, renovation or modification of indoor/outdoor environments and or to purchase equipment to facilitate the creation of new licensed infant and pre-school spaces.
All work under these grants must be completed prior to December 31, 2019.
What do I need to complete the online form?
You will be asked to enter or upload information as follows:
- Business name and contact information;
- EYC license number;
- Type of Centre;
- Current and proposed infant and preschool spaces including:
- # of licensed spaces, part-time and full-time
- Number on waiting list
- Number of new spaces proposed
- Total spaces (current and proposed new spaces)
- Provide a brief project summary which clearly describes how the investment will increase space
- Identify other grants previously received to increase space or hours, (drop-down list offered)
- Upload supporting documents, including: budget; written estimates from qualified contractors or vendors; and floor plans for the proposed expansion or renovation.
Is there anything else I will need to do when I apply?
- All Centres will need to Apply to Modify their Early Learning and Child Care Licence.
- Early Years Centres will need to apply for funding to support the additional EYC spaces.