Early Childhood Education Training Grants
The purpose of the Early Childhood Education Training Grant is to provide our early childhood education workforce with the opportunity to develop and strengthen knowledge, skill base, and credentials necessary to provide excellence in early learning and child care.
Who can apply?
Permanent, casual, part-time and temporary employees of Licensed Early Childhood Centres (including Early Years Centres), Preschool Centres and Family Home Centres are eligible to receive funding under this program.
Which training programs are eligible?
To be eligible for funding, the course must be provided by an accredited post-secondary institution that satisfies the requirements of the Early Learning and Child Care Board and must be scheduled to start during the period between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
The following courses are eligible:
- Holland College courses recognized towards meeting the requirement for ECE 1:
- Curriculum 1: Play is Learning
- Preschool Development
- Indirect Guidance
- Collège de l'Île courses recognized towards meeting the requirement for ECE 1:
- Relation de soutien au pres de l'enfants
- Development pre-scholaire
- Curriculum 1: Le jeux au couer de la prentisage
Many other courses are eligible as well. To confirm eligibility of other courses, please contact Monique McClean, Registrar to the Early Learning and Child Care Board at email@example.com or 902-368-6518 to confirm course eligibility.
What costs can this grant cover?
100% of the cost for an eligible course.
The following costs are not eligible for funding: course fees which are above the cost of the course, such as student fees, facility fees or other non-course related fees; meals; required textbooks, course materials in addition to required textbooks; salary; travel; accommodations; professional dues; membership fees; and exams without a delivered learning component
How much funding can I receive?
Annually, applicants will be eligible to receive a maximum allocation of up to $2,000 subject to availability of funds.
How can I apply?
You can apply using the "Apply for a Training Grant" button below, or by filling out a the PDF application form and returning it to Alicia Arsenault, Early Childhood Development, Department of Education and Lifelong Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org .
What are the application deadlines?
- October 30, 2020 for Courses starting between April 1 and December 31, 2020.
- December 4, 2020 for Courses starting between January 1 and March 31, 2021
What else do I need to know?
- Proof of completion for courses funded under this program must be submitted in the form of a transcript to the Department of Education and Lifelong Learning before additional training grant applications under this program will be considered.
- Applicants must notify the fund administrator immediately if withdrawing an application or the course is cancelled.
- Employees who receive funding and who do not complete the course must reimburse the amount granted.
- The Department of Education and Lifelong Learning reserves the right to withhold new funding until the applicant has satisfied all responsibilities associated with previously funded learning opportunities.
Submit the completed application form and supporting documentation online, or to:
Early Childhood Education Training Grant
c/o Alicia Arsenault
Early Childhood Development
Department of Education and Lifelong Learning
250 Water St., Suite 101
Summerside, PEI C1N 1B6
Phone: 902 213-4764
Fax: 902 438-4874
For information contact Alicia Arsenault at email@example.com or (902) 213-4764
All applications must include
- A completed and signed application form;
- Confirmation of course eligibility from the Registrar to the Early Learning and Child Care Board if your course is not listed above;
- Supporting documentation, including course information, training institution, course dates, and fees.
Next Deadline: 4:00 pm, October 30, 2020
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Late applications will be considered during the next scheduled grant application round.