Early Childhood Education Training Grants
If you are part of the early childhood education workforce, you may be eligible for funding to strengthen your knowledge, skills, and credentials in early learning and child care. The Early Childhood Education Training Grant will cover the cost of tuition and materials for approved courses at Holland College, Collège de l'Île, and other approved learning institutions.
For courses starting between January 1st and March 31 2019, please submit the online form with required documentation below before November 9, 2018.
Am I eligible to apply for the Early Childhood Education Training Grant?
If you currently work in a licensed early childhood centre, i.e. early years, preschool or family home (permanent, casual, part-time or temporary) and are responsible for the care of an infant or pre-school age child, you are eligible to apply for funding for 100% of costs for course registration and required textbooks under this training program.
How much money am I eligible to receive?
Subject to availability of funds, you may apply annually for funding towards the cost of:
- Course registration to maximum $2,400;
- Required text books to maximum $1,500
Will my course be approved for funding?
The course must be offered during this fiscal year (April 1st 2018-March 31st, 2019) and provided by an accredited post-secondary institution that satisfies the requirements of the Early Learning and Child Care Board.
The following courses are eligible:
- Holland College courses recognized towards meeting the requirement for ECE 1:
- Curriculum 1: Play is Learning
- Preschool Development
- Indirect Guidance
- Collège de l'Île courses recognized towards meeting the requirement for ECE 1:
- Curriculum I: le jeu au cœur de l’apprentissage
- Développement préscolaire
- Relation de soutien indirecte auprès de l’enfant
To confirm eligibility of courses not listed, please contact the Registrar to the Early Learning and Child Care Board at email@example.com or 902-368-6518.
What do I need to complete the online form?
You will be asked to:
- Provide detailed contact information for yourself, your employer/supervisor, and the learning Institution
- State the start and end dates for the course
- Indicate which of the following training levels you are developing with this course:
- Early Childhood Educator 1- ECE I(entry level early childhood training)
- Early Childhood Educator 2 - ECE II (1-year early childhood certification)
- Early Childhood Educator 3 – ECE III (2-year early childhood diploma)
- Early Childhood Director
- Upload all required documentation, including:
- Course eligibility confirmation from the Registrar of the Early Learning and Child Care Board
- Detailed course description, dates and fees as provided by the institution including a URL or official brochure
- Official confirmation of cost (copy of invoice from course provider)
- Proof of supervisor’s authorization, i.e. signed letter of support
- Include a cost breakdown for total amount of funding requested as follows:
- Course registration start and end dates
- Required text books
- Indicate who is paying the fee, you or your employer, for reimbursement
Upon conclusion of the course you are required to submit proof of course completion, i.e. copy of transcript of marks or other approved certification. Please notify the fund administrator immediately if you withdraw or the course is cancelled. You must reimburse funding received for any course not completed.