Energy Efficiency Loan Program – Online Application
Island residents adding energy efficiency upgrades to their home may be eligible to borrow up to $10,000 from the provincial government to help finance the cost. The Energy Efficiency Loan Program is available to a registered owner of a year-round residential property and where the project has been pre-approved by efficiencyPEI.
The loan may assist with purchasing efficient equipment such as a new furnace or heat pump or it may help with the cost of upgrades to the building envelope, i.e. new windows or air sealing.
Finance PEI must approve the loan before any work begins on the project. The loan is not available for new construction or for projects already completed.
For more information about program eligibility requirements and financing, read Energy Efficiency Loan Program.
What do I need to complete the online form?
You must provide the following information for both the applicant and, if applicable, the co-applicant:
- Current identification and contact details, including your Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Employment history and employer contact details
- Income information
- Budget estimate for the equipment or upgrades you are considering
- Uploaded copies of the following support documents:
- Proof of identity, i.e. birth certificate, driver’s licence, Canadian passport
- Proof of efficiencyPEI project pre-approval
- Signed copy of the certification and authorization form
Why are you asking for personal information?
Personal information on this form is collected under section 32(1)(g) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act R.S.P.E.I. 1988, c.F-15-01, and will be used for assessing your application for credit under the Energy Efficiency Loan Program. If you have any questions about this collection of personal information, you may contact Finance PEI, 94 Euston Street, 2nd Floor, Charlottetown, PE C1A 7M8, 902-368-6200, email@example.com.
We are asking for personal information because it is necessary to:
- Confirm your identity
- Assess eligibility requirements
- Support the approval process
- Review previous submissions
Personal information is being collected under the specific FOIPP legislation as stated on this webform and will be used only for the purpose it is intended. For more information read Privacy and Security.
How long will it take to have my application processed?
Under normal circumstances, Finance PEI typically provides a financing decision within 5 business days of receiving a complete application.