Energy Efficient Equipment Rebate Application
If you install ENERGY STAR® certified heating systems in your home, you can apply for the Energy Efficient Equipment Rebate. Part of your costs will be returned for approved equipment such as a heat pump, water-saving device, biomass heating device or other energy saving product. Click the button below to submit your rebate application and receipts online.
How much is the rebate?
For information about equipment eligibility, requirements, and rebate amounts refer to Energy Efficient Equipment Rebates.
What do I need to complete the online application?
You will be asked to provide:
- Contact information
- Property parcel number (Find this number on your property tax bill or search the civic address locator offered on the form.)
- Uploaded documents as follows:
- Payee Registration form for Efficiency PEI program enrollment form (Includes electronic payment/banking information.) This form allows the rebate to be deposited in your bank account.
- Sales receipt (electronic or scanned copy) indicating where you purchased the unit(s) and the make and model number of each unit installed; and
- Most recent GST notification (Only required for annual income $35,000 or less)
- This program application is for residential equipment upgrades. For business upgrades refer to the Business Energy Rebates Program.
- The registered property owner as listed with Property and Taxation Records must be the applicant.
- Address 1 (civic address) and property number refers to the address at which the equipment was installed.
- Address 2 (mailing address) refers to the applicants residence or mailing address if different from above.
- Upload PAID IN FULL invoice for the equipment and installation.
- Upload Certificate of Compliance (for heat pump only).
- Upload signed Payee form. Please make sure you fill in your First name, Full middle name, Last name, Date of birth, Mailing address, Phone, Email address, then print it off and sign, scan and upload, digital signatures are not accepted at this time.
- Upload GST statement (If your net family income is under $35,000 only). Make sure the scanned copy includes the front page with name, address and 2nd page with family income and marital status.
- Please ensure upload files have good resolution/focus and includes entrie document with nothing cropped out.
- Incomplete applications may delay or disqualify your application.
- Currently processing times for rebate applications are approximately 6 weeks.
- A random selection of files are selected for inspection, if your equipment needs to have inspection, efficiencyPEI staff will contact you to set up an appointment.