Most online services will not be available while we improve the system Friday, December 1st at 10pm until Saturday, December 2nd at 12pm.
English Language Test Fee Reimbursement for RNs and LPNs
If you are required to pass an English language proficiency test (IELTS/CELBAN) to meet language proficiency requirements for the College of Registered Nurses and Midwives of Prince Edward Island (CRNMPEI) or the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Prince Edward Island (CLPNPEI), the Province may reimburse the fee you paid to take the test. Use the online form below to apply for reimbursement and submit documentation.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for fee reimbursement, you must meet each of the following criteria:
- Proof of Prince Edward Island Residency (see below for required documents).
- Applied to either the College of Registered Nurses and Midwives of Prince Edward Island (CRNMPEI) or the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Prince Edward Island (CLPNPEI) for registration on or after February 21, 2023.
- English Language Test was taken through CELBANS or IELTS.
- English Language test being submitted was taken within the last year of your application or within six months from your initial application to CRNMPEI or CLPNPEI.
- Applicant can seek reimbursement of the cost for up to a maximum of two English language test fees but only one unsuccessful attempt will be allowed for reimbursement.
What do I need to complete the online form?
You will be asked to provide full identity and contact details and upload copies of the following documents:
- Proof of IELTS/CELBAN fee payment- Official receipt(s) from a recognized IELTS/CELBAN test centre that corresponds to the test date
- Proof of successful completion - Test report form(s) with results.
- Proof of Prince Edward Island residency (living on PEI) – provide a copy of any two of the following:
- Government-issued photo ID
- PEI health card
- PEI residential lease/property deed
- Recent utility bill displaying your name and PEI address
- Letter from provincial government/court (marriage license, divorce, government aid)
- Bank statement showing name and address
- PEI driver’s license/learner’s permit
- Acknowledgement of application for registration from CRNMPEI or CLPNPEI
How will I receive payment?
Once you submit the on-line form (complete with documents) a representative from the Department of Health and Wellness will review your application. Once approved, you will receive an email with an attached banking information forms. You must complete the forms and send them to the correct email address to receive your reimbursement by direct deposit.
How long will it take to process my request?
Once all required documents are submitted, your request will be processed as soon as administratively possible.
For further information or inquires please email: email@example.com.