Family Home Centre Grants
Funding is available to increase and improve home-based child care across PEI. Three types of Family Home Centre grants are available:
- An incentive grant ($3,000) encourages a home-based child care operator to become a licensed Family Home Centre. This is a one-time grant issued after the licensing process is complete.
- Operational grants (up to $15,000) support the goals of a licensed Family Home Centre to reduce parent fees to the provincial rate; increase staff wages or pay professional fees; or support quality programming, ie. Materials, equipment or supplies. You will be sent an application after the licensing process is complete.
- Capital grants (up to $25,000) to improve or expand existing facilities and programs are available to family home centres that are either licensed or in the process of being licensed. Grant approval is subject to funding availability and not guaranteed to all applicants. Once approved, you will need to provide expense and purchase documents (receipts) before funding will be issued. Eligible applicants may apply for a capital grant using the online form below.
What do I need to complete the online application for a Family Home Centre Capital grant?
The Capital grant consists of three funding streams:
- Capital improvements, i.e. below-grade-access door, appliances, walls, doors, fencing, plumbing and electrical - up to $15,000;
- Infant Programming Equipment, i.e. cribs, including mattress and bedding, change table, rocking chair, toys, books, stroller, baby mat, monitor, mobile and gates - up to $5,000; and
- Program improvements, i.e. Preschool chairs, tables, play equipment and toys - up to $5,000.
You will be asked to enter or upload information as follows:
- Funding stream(s) you want the grant to support
- Business name and contact details
- Family Home Centre licence number or date of licence application submission to the Early Learning and Childcare Board
- Number of full and part time spaces approved for your program
- A brief summary outlining how the proposed project will support your family home centre, for each stream included on the application
- Budget information including a description and estimated cost for each proposed item in each funding stream
- Floor plans for any proposed renovation and other support documents, upload field provided
How long will it take to process my application?
Please allow three weeks to receive approval.
Who can I contact for more information?
Contact the Director of Early Childhood Development at email@example.com or by phone at 902-368-4733.