Family Home Centre Grants
Funding is available to increase and improve home-based child care across PEI. Three types of Family Home Centre grants are available:
Family Home Centre Capital Grant
- Capital improvements of up to $15,000 towards the modification of the recipient’s existing physical space to meet licensing requirements. Eligible expenses could include renovations, such as a below grade access door, appliances, walls, doors, plumbing, electrical and outdoor fencing.
- Infant Programming Incentive of up to $5,000 towards items such as cribs, change-tables, rocking chairs, toys, books, strollers, etc.
- Family Home Centre Program improvements of up to $5,000 for items such as play equipment and preschool age toys.
Family Home Centre Operational Grant
- Each applicant will be eligible to receive up to $30,000 in 2023-24 to support a reduction in parent fees, professional development and enhance program quality.
- Infant Enrolment Incentive of up to $10,000 for FHCs that provide care for a minimum of three (3) infants.\
Family Home Centre Licensing Incentive
- For FHCs seeking to become licensed, eligible applicants can apply to be supported and licensed by the end of 2024-25. Recipients would receive a one-time $3,000 licensing incentive grant.
What do I need to complete the online application for a Family Home Centre Capital grant?
You will be asked to enter or upload information as follows:
- Funding stream(s) you want the grant to support
- Business name and contact details
- Family Home Centre licence number or date of licence application submission to the Early Learning and Childcare Board
- Number of full and part time spaces approved for your program
- A brief summary outlining how the proposed project will support your family home centre, for each stream included on the application
- Budget information including a description and estimated cost for each proposed item in each funding stream
- Floor plans for any proposed renovation and other support documents, upload field provided
How long will it take to process my application?
Please allow three weeks to receive approval.
Who can I contact for more information?
Contact the Early Years Manager of Grants, Lisa Bernard at email@example.com or by phone at 902-438-4843.