File an Adjuster’s Fire Report
The Office of the Fire Marshall requires a licensed insurance adjuster to report any loss of insured property due to fire including:
- Contents of buildings or vehicles, and
- Any other insured property that doesn’t fall into the three categories above.
Complete the online form below to submit the report (preliminary or final) or download and complete the Adjusters Fire Report.
What information do I need to complete the online form?
You will need to provide:
- Identity the contact details for the insured business/organization or individual, including date of birth (individual only);
- Information about the owner of the building or vehicle, if different from the insured;
- Adjuster’s file number;
- Fire details, i.e. location, date and time, cause of fire, if a fire department was at the scene;
- Description of property or goods lost (e.g. building type and occupancy, vehicle make, model and VIN) and address of the loss, if different from insured;
- Insurance information, including:
- Previous claims submitted;
- Insurance company lead name and contact;
- Number of insurers involved; and
- Total claim amounts for the lost property.
- Name and contact for adjuster and adjusting firm.
What if a fire department was not at the scene of the fire?
If a fire department was not at the scene, you must forward a copy of the report to the local servicing fire department. At the bottom of the completed online form, select Preview. Then select Print before you select Submit. Send a copy of the printed form to the fire department.
Who can I contact for more information?
For more information, contact the Office of the Fire Marshal: