Insurance Agent Licence (PEI)
All active insurance agents in PEI must be licensed with a Certificate of Authority from the Superintendent of Insurance of Prince Edward Island. The licensing certificate is valid for two years. To apply for a new certificate or renew a certificate every two years, submit the the online form below with the completed application PDF(s), all associated documentation, and the licensing fee, which is $200.
Where can I search for licensees?
What do I need to complete the online form?
The online form requires you to provide:
- Full identification and contact details
- Type of insurance certification, i.e. General, Life, Accident & Sickness (drop-down list provided)
- Completed PDF application(s) (available below), including all required attachments for the licence type (upload field provided)
- Acceptance of licensing terms and conditions (checklist provided)
- Full payment of licence fee $200.
You are advised to review and complete the application PDF for the type of licence you need and have required documents ready before opening the online form. If you are applying for both General Insurance and Life/Accident & Sickness Insurance, you must complete and upload both PDF applications.
- General Insurance Agent- Application for New Licence: Application for General Insurance Agent Certificate of Authority
- General Insurance Agent - Application for Renewal: Application for General Insurance Agent Certificate of Authority
- Life Insurance, Accident & Sickness Insurance, or both - Application for New Licence: Application for Life and Accident and Sickness Agent Certificate of Authority
- Life Insurance, Accident & Sickness Insurance, or both - Application for Renewal: Application for Life and Accident and Sickness Agent Certificate of Authority