Operational Support Program for Community Halls, Rinks and Curling Club Facilities

The COVID-19 Operational Support Program for Community Halls, Rinks and Curling Club facilities provides support to help with ongoing expenses and recognizing a reduction in revenue as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Is my organization eligible?

All groups that meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply or contact the Community Development Officer in their area for more information:

  • Community halls, rinks and curling clubs that are owned or operated by a registered non-profit community group or a municipality;
  • Experienced a reduction in operating revenue as a result of COVID-19;
  • Have operating expenses in some or all of the months from January 2022 to March 2022.
  • Have not received funding from other government sources designed to help mitigate COVID-19 impacts in the 2021-2022 fiscal year

Non-eligible facilities/groups/organizations include:

  • Outdoor recreational facilities (outdoor skating rinks, snowmobile clubs, ski clubs, etc.);
  • Provincially owned assets;
  • Religious-affiliated community places; 
  • Privately owned facilities 

What funding assistance is available? 

Funding is available of up to 80% of estimated operating expenses for January to March 2022 up to a maximum of $2,500.  Eligible expenses could include heat, electricity, snow removal, insurance, etc. 

What happens after I apply?

After you submit your application, a Community Development Officer with the Department of Fisheries and Communities will assess for completeness and eligibility.  If the application requires additional information, you may be contacted to collect or correct information.  If the application is successful, you will be notified in writing and will be asked to provide information to allow for direct deposit into your account.  

What are the application deadlines?

Applications will be received between January 4th and February 25th. Deadline to apply is close of business on February 25th. 

Apply online by clicking the blue 'Apply Now' button below.  If you require the PDF application, please email mbhenderson@gov.pe.ca or contact a Community Development Officer in your area listed below.  

Who do I contact about this program?

For more information you can call 902-838-0939 or contact the Community Development Officer in your area:
West Prince: Ellen Rennie, 902-853-0104, emrennie@gov.pe.ca
East Prince/Central Queens: Kellie Mulligan, 902-887-3975,  kamulligan@gov.pe.ca
Evangeline (Bilingual): Giselle Bernard, 902-854-3680, gbbernard@gov.pe.ca
Southern Kings/Queens:  Sonia Dixon, 902-838-0618,  sddixon@gov.pe.ca
Eastern Kings/North Shore: Chris Blaisdell, 902-208-0032, cwblaisdell@gov.pe.ca


Fisheries and Communities

General Inquiries

Department of Fisheries and Communities
548 Main Street
PO Box 1180
Montague, PE C0A 1R0
Phone:  902-838-0983
Fax:  902-838-0972