Register for Power Engineer Examination
Registrations through this page have been temporarily closed.
Should you require assistance, please feel free to contact an inspector in your area. For general information or questions on applications, permits or requests for licenses please contact:
Please be advised that processing times may be affected. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Once you have confirmed your eligibility to write a Power Engineer Exam, you can register and pay the fee for that exam using the online form below. If you need to confirm your eligibility, contact the chief examiner directly at (902) 368-5567 or email@example.com.
When is the next exam?
Exams are scheduled at Holland College Marine Training Center, Summerside.
Exam dates for 2019 / 2020 are:
- October 18, 2019
- November 29, 2019
- December 13, 2019
- January 10, 2020
- January 31, 2020
- February 28, 2020
- March 27, 2020
- April 24, 2020
- May 8, 2020
- May 22, 2020
- June 12, 2020
*Exam duration is 3.5 hours.
What do I need to complete the online form?
To successfully complete this form, you will be asked to:
- Enter your full contact information.
- Select, from the drop-down list, which classification exam you want to write and your current Prince Edward Island PE licence number, if one has been issued.
- Specify the date you want to write the exam.
- Submit full payment.
What is the fee to write the exam?
The cost to write the exam for each power engineer classification level is $40.
How long will it take to process my results?
Please allow about three weeks for the Board of Examiners to evaluate your exam. If you achieve a mark of 65 per cent or above you will have passed the exam written. Once all of the required exams are written successfully and the practical qualifying time has been found acceptable by the Board of Examiners, you will be approved for certification and your new licence will be issued promptly.
Is it possible to rewrite the exam?
- If you fail an examination, you must wait at least 90 days before you are eligible to rewrite.
- If you achieve a mark that is greater than 49% but less than 65%, the chief examiner may permit you to rewrite the examination earlier than the required 90 days.
Please note: You can register and pay to write only one exam at a time.