Report a Road or Traffic Problem

You can report road issues via email, phone, or text message. Staff will use this information to investigate concerns and dispatch crews as needed.

Report provincial road issues via text message by texting the information, photo and/or video to your county road issues text line.

Kings County (902) 200-2122

Queens County (902) 200-6649

Prince County (902) 200-1014

You can also call in road issues to (902) 368-5100 or send a note by email using the form below.

What type of problems can I report?

You can report the location of a transportation-related problem such as:

  • a road sign down 
  • road blocked, i.e. tree or power line down
  • a pot hole or excessive break-up of pavement in the road
  • traffic lights not working
  • traffic lights knocked down
  • a road shoulder washout
  • a bridge washout
  • a guardrail damaged or missing
  • excessive break-up of pavement
  • road not plowed/sanded
  • problems with the Confederation Trail
  • other transportation problems, please specify

What happens to the report after I submit it?

Email and text reports will be forwarded to Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy. Your report will then be forwarded to the appropriate staff to investigate and dispatch crews as needed. If you request a response, someone will contact you within two business days.

How long will it take to submit the email report?

It will take you from five to fifteen minutes to report a problem, depending on how much information you enter.

How can I check PEI road conditions?

PEI 511 is a free traveller information service, operated by the Government of Prince Edward Island, that may be accessed via phone at 511 or via mobile device or computer at

Transportation and Infrastructure

General Inquiries

Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
3rd Floor, Jones Building
11 Kent Street,
P.O. Box 2000,
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8

Phone: 902-368-5100
Fax: 902-368-5395

Highway Safety/Access PEI Inquiries:

Road-Related Inquiries:

All other TI inquiries:

Report Transportation Problems