All webforms will be unavailable on Tuesday, May 17, 2022 between 7:00am – 8:00am for 1 hour for scheduled maintenance.
Storytelling Development Fund
The Storytelling Development Fund is available for scriptwriting costs required for film, TV and screen based projects. A registered Prince Edward Island Production Company can receive up to 50% of project costs through the fund. The department’s contribution will not exceed 50% of eligible costs and normally not exceed a maximum of $5,000.
Who is eligible for film funding?
Eligible applicants are Prince Edward Island producers and/or production companies.
What projects are eligible for funding?
The "Fund" will give priority to applications that demonstrate how the project achieves the following objectives:
- Supports the creation and development of film, TV and screen-based script projects by Prince Edward Island filmmakers.
- Strengthens the film, TV and screen-based industry by developing new Prince Edward Island filmmakers, writers, and producers.
- Provides for inclusion and gender parity.
Projects must have all of the following:
- a Prince Edward Island producer whose production company is registered in PEI; and
- a Prince Edward Island writer (who has maintained their primary residence in PEI for at least 12 months prior to the application submission date)
- option fees for literary material;
- writer and producer fees; and
- research or travel expenses.
- Non-scriptwriting related travel expenses;
- living expenses; and
- ongoing annual operational expenses.
Ineligible projects include:
- news, current events or public affairs programming;
- talk shows; sports event or activity;
- reality tv;
- pornography/adult entertainment;
- console or online video games;
- software programming platforms; and
- video distribution platforms.
What is the level of assistance available?
A registered Prince Edward Island Production Company can receive up to 50% of project costs through the fund. The department’s contribution will not exceed 50% of eligible costs and normally not exceed a maximum of $5,000.
What criteria are used to evaluate funding applications?
Funding recipients must meet the following conditions:
- If the project is not undertaken after payment of the grant has been made, the recipient must return the funds to the department.
- Non-repayable contributions must be used for the activity as described in the application.
- The department must be notified in advance of any changes in the activity, including start and end dates, location, or any other significant changes.
What process will be followed to assess the applications?
Applicants will be informed of funding decisions within 60 days of the application deadline.
Applicants who are approved for funding will receive a letter outlining the terms and conditions of funding.
How do I apply?
Complete and submit a separate proposal for each project.
In your proposal, carefully consider and clearly outline your responses to the following questions:
- What is your project?
- What work needs to be done (the effort) and how and when will it be carried out?
- Who is involved?
- Who are the partners or collaborators?
- What does each contribute to the project’s success?
- How much do you need?
- What funding is required?
- What are other partners contributing?
Submit your proposal and detailed industry standard budget via email only. All information provided by applicants will be treated as confidential.
Who do I contact for more information?
Contact Shannon Pratt to discuss the project and the application requirements before applying.