Submit Nominations for the Shelley L. Woods Excellence in Person-Centered Care Award
The Shelley L. Woods Excellence in Person-Centered Care Award recognizes a Health PEI employee working in long-term care who demonstrates an exceptional commitment to the person-centered care philosophy.
Person Centered Care means:
- Treating residents as individuals
- Working with residents to help them make decisions and manage their health
- Forming trusting and supportive relationships with residents
- Considering residents’ needs, wishes, values, family dynamic, social circumstance and lifestyles
- Being compassionate and respectful
- Engaging in activities with residents
- Providing residents with information
Anyone can nominate any employee working at a Health PEI long-term care facility who embodies and reflects the spirit of person-centered care through their work and interactions with residents. Learn more about the award [PDF 91 KB].
This award is presented annually and honours Shelley L. Woods, a retired nurse and former Chief Nursing Officer for Long-Term Care with Health PEI.
What do I need to be able to complete the online nomination form?
You will be asked for identifying details including the nominee’s name, position and long-term care facility as well as your own name and contact information.
In addition, you will need to provide detailed supportive information which the selection committee will use to evaluate nominations including:
- An overview of why the nominee should be considered for the award and how their actions contribute and support the improved quality of life of residents through the following key areas of person-centered care:
- Workplace Practices – contributing to activities, procedures, work design, systems and efforts positively impacting resident care, service and experience
- Environment – enabling privacy, dignity, in a home-like and community connected space, tangible and otherwise
- Care Practices – providing care to residents while honouring choices and values, making it easier to access services, and enhancing quality, safety and sensitivity
- Leadership – creating new initiatives, embracing innovation, navigating challenges, maintaining positive outlook during times of adversity, mentoring of others and establishing partnerships
- Family & Community – fostering relationships, facilitating opportunities for engagement and acts as a supporting role on a care team
- Specific examples of the nominee’s excellence in person-centered care.
- A summary of how the nominee’s actions made a difference, i.e. impact on residents lives, staff well-being, family comfort, etc.
Do I have to complete the nomination on-line?
If you do not wish to fill out the on-line form, you can complete the Nomination Form [PDF | 2.11 MB] and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your nomination form to Health PEI at the address listed below:
Shelley L. Woods Excellence in Person-Centred Care Award
Attention: Darlene Kennedy
PO Box 2000
16 Garfield Street
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8