The COVID-19 isolation and testing requirements for workers may vary depending on where you have been travelling and your workplace requirements.
- Travellers must apply for pre-travel approval and must self-isolate for 14 days.
- If travelling to PEI for work purposes, non-PEI residents may apply for work-isolation through the pre-travel approval process.
PEI residents returning to PEI:
- PEI residents do not need pre-approval to return to PEI, but will need to self-isolate and identify a self-isolation location and support person.
- PEI residents seeking to work outside of the home during their 14 day self-isolation period may apply to work-isolate in PEI through a portal specific to PEI residents.
- PEI residents who travel routinely, spend over 50% of their time working outside of PEI, and spend fewer than 21 days when not at work, may apply to be a rotational worker.
- PEI residents travelling within Atlantic Canada for some types of same-day travel are not required to self-isolate, subject to some restrictions.
Commercial truck drivers and other transport workers:
International temporary workers:
- As a temporary foreign worker, you must self-isolate for 14 days in a designated provincial facility, upon your arrival to PEI. Testing is required at day 0-2 and 10-12 after your arrival.
Commercial fishing travel:
- see travel and isolation measures for PEI residents and non-PEI residents engaged in commercial fishing.