View Current Emergency Department Wait Times
Current wait-times are updated every five minutes. Only the Emergency Department (ED) wait times at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Charlottetown), Prince County Hospital (Summerside), Western Hospital (Alberton) and Kings County Memorial Hospital (Montague) are available. The estimated emergency department wait times are approximate and are intended for information purposes only.
For life-threatening emergencies, please call 9-1-1.
Please remember, emergency department care is provided first to those who are the most sick or have critical, life-threatening health conditions.
What should I bring with me to emergency?
Before you go to the emergency department, you should remember to bring:
- your PEI Health Card or a provincial health card if visiting from another province;
- an up-to-date list of your medications, including how much, how often, and why you are taking each one, and if you have any medication allergies;
- take all medications with you (in their original container) - pills, inhalers, eye drops, patches, injections, and creams;
- include any over-the-counter products you use, such as vitamins and herbal products;
- a family member or friend who can provide you with support and assist you, if necessary.