Winter Warming Program
Assistance is available for low-to-moderate-income Islanders to make their homes more energy efficient in winter. The Winter Warming Program provides free air sealing and other energy-efficient upgrades to a residence through our efficiencyPEI partner service organization Summerhill Connect including:
- Installing a programmable thermostat,
- Installing a low-flow shower head,
- Providing a voucher for a free heating system cleaning (up to $115 value),
- Providing ENERGY STAR® LED light bulbs.
Simple measures can have a big impact on the amount of heat lost in your home. Savings can vary from $250 to $650 per year in heating costs, depending on the amount of efficiency upgrades completed, the size and current condition of your home, and the type of heating system being used.
Summerhill Connect is a PEI-based business.
They help consumers see and use energy differently, empowering them to make decisions that lead to significant energy savings and lessen our impact on the environment.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants are invited to click the blue button below to apply online.
Once reviewed and approved you will be contacted by our efficiencyPEI partner service organization Summerhill Connect to schedule the implementation of the program.
A tradesperson from Summerhill Connect will install the measures in your home free of charge and provide you with a voucher for a free heating system tune-up (to the value of $100 + HST) and information on energy efficiency and other programs you may be eligible for.
Am I eligible for Winter Warming assistance?
You are eligible for the Winter Warming Program if:
- You are a resident of PEI with a total household income of $50,000 or less
- You own and live in the residence or pay the total heating costs if you rent
- The property is your primary residence or a year-round rental property
- You haven't received help from Winter Warming in the last five years for this property, and
- You agree to the efficiencyPEI Winter Warming Program terms and conditions.
What do I need to complete the online form?
You will be asked to provide complete identity, income and property information including:
- Full name and contact information
- Civic address and property tax number
- Proof of income, i.e. July GST Credit Notice showing net family income, marital status, and province of residence. Make sure the notice you upload includes the front page with name/address and the second page with family income and marital status. Visit the Canada Revenue Agency for more information about the GST/HST Notice
Energy efficiency incentives are a cost-shared with the Government of Canada under the Low Carbon Economy Fund.