Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture
The Department of Economic Growth, Tourism and Culture is committed to expanding Prince Edward Island's exports, creating jobs, and promoting overall economic growth and prosperity by encouraging business investment, development and sales in key economic sectors. The department strives for innovation by creating more opportunities for business, trade, jobs, and continuing to promote PEI as one of the world's best tourist destinations.
Some of the priorities in this mandate are to:
- Lead the Sales PEI initiative to create greater success for PEI companies in export markets;
- Review major physical assets that can translate into potential business development opportunities;
- Lead the recruitment and retention of immigrant investors to PEI;
- Ensure that business conditions on PEI, including red tape reduction, regulatory alignment and investment support help successful start up and acceleration;
- Reach into key tourism markets in the U.S., Europe, and Asia; and
- Build our worldwide reputation as "Canada's Food Island."