Prince Edward Island has temporarily suspended its participation in the Atlantic Travel Bubble to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- PEI residents do not need pre-approval to return to PEI, but will need to self-isolate and identify a self-isolation location and support person.
- Non-residents must apply in advance to travel to PEI and should not make travel plans before receiving pre-travel approval. Proof of approval is required at a PEI border.
A supervised Borden Exchange Area is available to PEI residents and individuals from other provinces entering PEI via the Confederation Bridge for exchange of:
goods or animal companions
individuals (picking up or dropping off people)
- If you travel frequently for work, you can register as a rotational worker or apply to work-isolate.
- PEI residents who travel back and forth to PEI on the same day for some types of same-day travel are not required to self-isolate, subject to some restrictions.
- Residents of Atlantic provinces (PEI, NB, NS,NL) have to check for any current rules and restrictions within the Atlantic travel bubble.
Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms
Get tested if symptoms develop
Check out the possible exposure locations in the Maritime provinces
Download the COVID Alert app from the Apple Store or Google Play to protect yourself and others
Travel to Canada - Travel restrictions, exemptions and advice