These CIRCUIT BREAKER measures impact businesses and gatherings and are different from the restrictions PEI residents were asked to observe during the New Normal phase. The circuit breaker phase restrictions override all other existing sector specific public health guidance. Government of Prince Edward Island COVID-19 recommendations and guidance may be impacted by the CIRCUIT BREAKER measures.
Prince Edward Island has temporarily suspended its participation in the Atlantic Travel Bubble to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- PEI residents do not need pre-approval to return to PEI, but will need to self-isolate and identify a self-isolation location and support person.
- Non-residents must apply in advance to travel to PEI and should not make travel plans before receiving pre-travel approval. Proof of approval is required at a PEI border.
- If you travel frequently for work, you can register as a rotational worker or apply to work-isolate.
- PEI residents who travel back and forth to PEI on the same day for some types of same-day travel are not required to self-isolate, subject to some restrictions.
- Residents of Atlantic provinces (PEI, NB, NS,NL) have to check for any current rules and restrictions within the Atlantic travel bubble.
Monitor for COVID-19 symptoms: PrinceEdwardIsland.ca/covid19symptoms
Get tested if symptoms develop: Princeedwardisland.ca/covidtesting
Check out the possible exposure locations in the Maritime provinces: princeedwardisland.ca/possibleexposure
Download the COVID Alert app from the Apple Store or Google Play to protect yourself and others: princeedwardisland.ca/CovidAlertApp