Western Hospital Collaborative Emergency Centre closure (May 14, 2022)
Health PEI advises that the Collaborative Emergency Centre at Western Hospital will be closed today, May 14, from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. Sunday, May 15, 2022 due to a temporary lack of staffing.
The emergency department will open May 15, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.
Anyone with emergency medical needs should call 9-1-1 or seek emergency services when:
• experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
• experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
• experiencing abdominal pain;
• experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
• an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
• a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
• a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.
If you have any health concerns or need immediate health information, call 811 to speak to an experienced registered nurse for advice on the best course of action.
Chief Communications Officer, Health PEI