Business Development Program (Agriculture)
The Business Development Program will support the agriculture sector by providing funding for skills training, business planning and implementation, benchmarking and risk management activities which will expand domestic and international markets for Prince Edward Island producers and small to medium sized agri-businesses.
The three funding categories are:
- Business Planning; and
- Benchmarking and Risk Management
Who is eligible for funding?
- Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations;
- Agricultural producers;
- Spouses of agricultural producers;
- Farm employees;
- Agriculture industry organizations, clubs, and associations;
- Small to Medium Sized Agri-Businesses; and
- Others may be considered upon request.
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
- Agriculture-related skills training
- Business planning;
- Coordination and planning of courses, seminars, workshops, and/or demonstrations for groups of farmers.
- Agriculture-related strategic planning and board governance training
- Development and use of benchmarking and risk management analytical tools;
- Development of industry benchmarks for cost of production specific to PEI;
- Production and on-farm integration of individualized financial –reports; and
- Projects which increase awareness of risk factors, or identify business risks and vulnerabilities, and training and tools to mitigate those risks.
Where can I find more information?
- Training Category Application
- Planning Category Application
- Benchmarking and Risk Management Category Application
When can I submit my applications?
Applications for Business Development will open at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 16, 2018. Applications received prior to this date and time will not be considered.
For more information contact:
Business Development Information Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857