Growing Forward 2 Programs
Growing Forward represents a commitment from Canada's Federal, Provincial and Territorial Ministers of Agriculture for a new policy framework that will support a more profitable and competitive sector.
This new framework is built on three priority outcomes:
- Competitiveness and Market Development
- Adaptability and Industry Capacity
Growing Forward 2 programs for PEI
Business Risk Management Programs
- AgriStability (PEI)
provides support when a producer experiences larger farm income losses. The program covers declines of more than 15% in a producer's average income from previous years.
- AgriInvest (Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada)
a savings account for producers, which provides coverage for small income declines and allows for investments that help mitigate risks or improve market income.
- AgriInsurance (PEI)
program which includes insurance against production losses for specified perils (weather, pests, disease) and is being expanded to include more commodities.
- AgriRecorvery (Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada)
disaster relief framework which provides a coordinated process for federal, provincial and territorial governments to respond rapidly when disasters strike, filling gaps not covered by existing programs.
Non-Business Risk Management Programs
- Applied Research Subprogram
- Innovative Technologies Subprogram
- Industry Research Coordination Subprogram
- Technology and Science Adoption Subprogram
- Agri-Skills Subprogram
- Self Assessment Subprogram
- Planning Subprogram
- Benchmarking and RIsk Management Subprogram
- Training and Organizational Development Subprogram
- Increasing Market Development Subprogram
- Specialized Equipment Subprogram
- Certified Organic Land Development Subprogram
- Implementation of Strategic Initiatives Subprogram