On-Farm Assurance Sub-Program
All of the Department's non-business risk management programs under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) agreement will open for application at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 20, 2020.
Please note that only projects that comply with current Public Health Directives related to COVID-19 will be eligible for funding.
The Agriculture Stewardship Program will only be accepting applications for the following Beneficial Management Practices (BMPs) at this time:
- Nutrient Management Planning
- Winter Cover Crop
- Spring Tillage of Forages
- Fencing (only Fencing component is available of the Fencing and Livestock Stream Crossings BMP)
- Integrated Pest Management - Data Based Decisions
- Integrated Pest Management - Invertebrate Biological Control Agents
Business Risk Management Programs:
The AgriInsurance, AgriStability, AgriInvest, and AgriRecovery Programs are still operating under normal deadlines unless you are notified of a change. AIC staff will be in contact if any deadlines change.
The On-Farm Assurance Sub-Program will provide assistance for various activities that lead to the on-farm implementation of recognized assurance systems.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations;
- Agricultural producers;
- Agriculture industry organizations, clubs, and associations;
- Public and Private Institutions;
- Small to Medium Sized Agri-Businesses; and
- Provincial/Territorial Governments.
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
- Technical assistance;
- Pre-audit/first audit assistance;
- Maintenance and enhancement of provincial premises identification system and databases; and
- Premises identification program management.
Where can I find more information?
When can I submit my applications?
Applications for On-Farm Assurance will open at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 16, 2018. Applications received prior to this date and time will not be considered
For more information contact:
Assurance Systems Program Information Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857