Perennial Crop Development Program
The Perennial Crop Development Program is designed to increase environmental sustainability in PEI’s agriculture sector. The program will support the establishment of new cropping systems and improvements in existing systems using technological advances and improvements in storage and production practices. Applications will be assessed for a project’s ability to have both ecological and economic benefits.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Mi'kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations;
- Agricultural Producers;
- Small to medium-sized agri-businesses
- Others may be considered upon request.
What types of expenses are eligible for funding?
- Capital equipment purchases.
- Adoption and/or evaluation of perennial crop process improvements identified as leading edge technology to reduce costs, add value, improve efficiencies, improve product quality or increase market access.
Where can I find more information?
What is the application deadline for the 2019/2020 fiscal year?
Deadline for application submissions in February 15, 2019
For more information, contact:
Perennial Crop Development Program Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857