Post-Farm Assurance Sub-Program
PROGRAM INTAKE NOTICE
All of the Department's non-business risk management programs under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) agreement are open for application.
The Agriculture Stewardship Program will be accepting applications for the following Beneficial Management Practices (BMPs) on May 8, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.. If you have already applied to the program and need to reapply, you will be contacted directly by your project advisor.
- Nutrient Management Demonstration Trial
- Silage Storage
- Manure Storage
- Covered Feedlot
- Exercise Yard adjacent to Covered Feedlot
- Alternate Watering Systems/Power to Remote Sites
- Stream Crossings for Livestock or Farm Machinery
- Agricultural Water Quality
- On-farm Water Use Efficiency
- Sustainable Agricultural Water Supply
- Irrigation Efficiency
- Water Well Management
- Energy Efficiency
- Beneficial Crop at time of Commercial Crop
- IPM Trials – On-farm research assessing the efficacy of new IPM strategies
Please note that only projects that comply with current Public Health Directives related to COVID-19 will be eligible for funding.
Business Risk Management Programs:
The AgriInsurance, AgriStability, AgriInvest, and AgriRecovery Programs are still operating under normal deadlines unless you are notified of a change. AIC staff will be in contact if any deadlines change.
The Post-Farm Assurance Sub-Program will provide assistance for the implementation of recognized assurance systems in food processing enterprises, and/or post-farm agri-food enterprises.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations;
- Agricultural producers;
- Agriculture industry organizations, clubs, and associations;
- Public and Private Institutions;
- Small to Medium Sized Agri-Businesses; and
- Provincial/Territorial Governments.
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
- Technical assistance;
- Pre-audit/first audit assistance;
- Maintenance and enhancement of provincial premises identification system and databases; and
- Premises identification program management.
Where can I find more information?
When can I submit my applications?
Applications for Post-Farm Assurance will open at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 16, 2018. Applications received prior to this date and time will not be considered
For more information contact:
Assurance Systems Program Information Officer
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4880
Fax: (902) 368-4857