Telling the Story of the Canadian Agricultural Partnership in PEI
Here you will find a collection of stories that profile clients and projects funded under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership in Prince Edward Island.
What is the Canadian Agricultural Partnership?
The Canadian Agriculture Partnership (CAP) is an initiative that outlines policy and program priorities for the agriculture industry across Canada. The CAP is an initiative among Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) and provincial and territorial governments. The CAP represents a $3 billion investment in Canada’s agriculture, agri-food and agri-based products sector. The CAP replaces the Growing Forward 2 initiative (2013-2018).
Through the CAP, the PEI Department of Agriculture and Land (DAL) offers a suite of programs which will support agriculture in PEI to:
• Increase competitiveness, productivity, and profitability;
• Increase environmental sustainability;
• Expand domestic and international markets; and
• Improve the anticipation, mitigation and response to risks
Read client stories funded through CAP programs:
- Student Interest in Food Production
- Cattle producer finds it pays to mix things up
- Business development coaching: Helping keep farm in the green
- The need for innovation and diversification
Watch project videos funded through CAP programs:
- Putting the Environment First - Sommerset Farms, Kinkora
- Organic Beef - Dexter Cattle Company, North Milton
- Environmentally Sustainable Farming - Picturesque Farms, Brae
- Soil Conservation - R.A. Rose & Sons Ltd, North Lake
- Innovative Technology - Valleyfield Farms, Glen Valley
For more information, contact
Strategic Policy and Evaluation Division
PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
5th Floor Jones Building