Island Community Food Security Initiative
The Island Community Food Security Initiative is designed to provide grants to community organizations to support food and other eligible costs for community fridges, gardens and meals.
Who is Eligible?
Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous Organizations; and Community Organizations with a registered charity number, business number, and/or incorporated number.
NOTE: The projects administered by approved applicants must aim to be directly inclusive of (i.e., support) one or more of the groups of people as listed in the program guidelines.
What activities are funded?
- Support for Food and other eligible costs for community fridges.
- Seeds and other eligible costs for establishing and maintaining community gardens, greenhouses or indoor gardens;
- Eligible costs associated with community meals
- Other expenses as deemed eligible by a review committee
NOTE: Eligible applicants are encouraged to suggest projects and activities that work towards community food security outcomes.
Where can I find more information?
How do I apply to the program?
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria and submit a completed application form to the Department of Agriculture and Land. The completed application is then submitted to a committee for approval.
When will applications be accepted?
- Applications are now closed
- All projects must be implemented, completed and claims submitted no later than March 15, 2023
For more information, please contact:
Applications may be submitted via email at DeptAgLand@gov.pe.ca
Please include the program name in the subject line.
PEI Department of Agriculture
45 East Drive, PO Box 8