Hunting Information for Residents
What do residents need in order to hunt legally on PEI?
What does a PEI Hunting Licence cost?
A PEI hunting licence costs $5 for residents of PEI.
A resident is a person who:
- has resided in the province for a period of six (6) months prior to making an application for a license
- is taking educational training of a three-month minimum duration within the province and has resided in the province for a period of two weeks immediately prior to making an application for a licence
- is taking educational training outside the province and resided in the province for a period of six months immediately prior to taking the educational training
- proves to the satisfaction of the Minister that he or she has resided in the province for the purpose of employment for an aggregate period of six months within the twelve months immediately preceding the making of an application
- or was born in the province and owns real property in the province.
Where can I buy a PEI hunting licence?
You can buy your PEI Hunting licence from any Hunting Licence vendor or through Buy Your Hunting LicenceOn-line.
Are there other licences or fees for resident hunters?
What are the requirements for youth to hunt on PEI?
Youth (residents and non-residents under 16 years of age) require a Hunting Licence.
Youth under 16 are not required to purchase a Wildlife Conservation Fund Licence.
No youth shall use or carry a firearm except in company with a parent or guardian, subject to the provisions of the Firearms Act and Criminal Code.
Youth who are 16 or 17 years of age can apply to the PEI Firearms Office for a minor's permit which will allow them to hunt alone on conditions outlined in the permit.
Where can I get more information on hunting rules and regulations?
Consult the annual Hunting and Trapping Summary.