Tourism PEI Hosting Grant
Your event may be eligible for provincial financial assistance to non-profit organizations only to offset the cost of hosting your national, international or regional meeting or a convention in the tourism shoulder season (any month other than July or August). The hosting grant is limited to $10 per registered delegate to a maximum of $5,000.
What do I need to apply for the Hosting Grant?
You can apply if you meet the following criteria:
- The conference, meeting or event is one time only and held in any month other than July or August.
- Hosting sporting events will be considered only for national or regional events sanctioned by the appropriate national sport governing body.
- Regional events must have a minimum of 200 out-of-province registered delegates.The program will only support registered conference participants and official guests.
- Events that qualify for assistance through programs of other government departments will not normally be considered for funding assistance under the hosting program. In the case of major cultural or sporting events with demonstrated benefits to the province, exceptions may be considered.
- This fund provides support to non-profit organizations. Private sector organizations are not eligible.
- Approved funding may only be used for the purpose of assisting in the cost of a meal at an opening reception, brunch or closing banquet
- You must provide the banquet invoice from the establishment where the event was held
- The program will only support registered conference participants and official guests
- The Province of PEI will be acknowledged at the function as its sponsor
How do I apply for the Tourism PEI Hosting Grant?
Fill out the Hosting Grant form and return to the address below.
Who can I contact for more information about the Tourism PEI Hosting Grant?
Manager of Strategic Initiatives
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8